Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I will help you be brave"

Sarita and I went to the doctors office last Friday to get 4 shots in preparation for our trip to Ethiopia: typhoid, hepatitis A & B, and tetanus. It was one of the greatest dates we have had in awhile. You should try it! Just kidding. We took the kids with us to the office and explained to them why we were going. We just wanted to make sure they didn't think they were getting any shots and it was only for mom and dad. Well, after this settled in, Cale and Mya decided they were going to step up and help us be brave while getting our shots. The whole ride there they kept saying, "Mom and dad, we will help you be brave!" Sarita and I just looked at each other with a chuckle and melted hearts and thanked them in advance.

So now we actually enter the room to get our shots and I go first. The nurse gave me 2 shots in each arm and with each shot Mya's face just grimaced in pain as if she were receiving the shots. That is about all the bravery I received from my kids. :) Then Sarita steps up to the plate and before the nurse could administer the first shot, Mya jumps off her chair and grabs my wife's hand. Mya looks at her with her big brown eyes and emphatically says, "Mommy, I am going to help you be brave!" I am sure it helped ease any pain Sarita may have felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment