Monday, December 14, 2009

Progress

I don't feel like I've posted many details about our adjustment struggles...but there have been many tears and frustrating days...weeks...but God is GOOD and we are getting there. We had a great visit with our social worker last week. Silas reacts to our parenting in such unpredictable, interesting ways...so we've been trying to analyze and dissect what has happened to him in the past to condition him this way. But the bottom line is that we will never know about his life pre-Vernon. I need to get past needing an explanation...it is what it is. Thank goodness that God doesn't make me explain my every illogical behavior! :) So, hard core prayer is what this momma needs to commit to. I am so thankful for a husband that is ever present and ready to serve his family extra when I feel like I can't do it anymore. If I was capable in my flesh to do what God called me to do, what glory would be in that for Him?? So, honestly my hard days are me trying HARDER rather than just giving it over. When will we learn?? :)

On a positive note Silas has made huge strides on his English. He understands just about anything we say and has really increased his vocabulary. Sometimes he has this southern accent as he says his name. It is really quite adorable. When we leave somewhere he says "Later" like he is all that! He loves to TRY to count, paint, torment his sister :), and play cars with his brother. Silas insists upon getting a "piderman ban-aid" (spiderman band-aid) for every mark on his body....which are quite numerous for this rambunctious boy. I don't know where he gets his energy.

Here are some recent photos:
2nd Family Photo-Happy Thanksgiving!


Silas meeting Red & Susan and playing w/cousins.


Look at all these Bunn grand babies!


We celebrated Christmas on Thanksgiving w/the Bunn family. Mya loves hippos
and received one from Uncle Matthew & Aunt Vicki.



The older boys received dart nerf guns from Uncle Kevin. Cale had so much fun, he cried when
everyone had to leave!



Silas is officially a member of the Bunn family. He loves black olives!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and struggles, Sarita. It is really helpful for those of us who are waiting - to know what we might need to expect. I feel like I have so romanticized what it will look like when we get our babies...like its going to be perfect or something, so much that I haven't even considered the reality of all of the adjustments. Maybe after the holidays we can get together. I'd love to hear more, and meet Silas!

    ReplyDelete